Sunday, February 26, 2006

Vancouver Weekend

Derek and I went to Stanley Park today (yes it was raining) and took some pictures. Did you know they have Peacocks just wandering around in there? We also go to see the seals and the Beluga whale, though we avoided the aquarium prices (so sue me, they left a gate open!) It was nice to smell the ocean again. We were both commenting that we feel as though we haven't done much to experience our new city even though we've lived here for several months now. Hopefully we can change that when the rain stops.

I am very excited for this next weekend, as my granparents have so generously given us some money to go out for a nice dinner for my birthday on Saturday. Olive Garden - here we come! I think we will go to a movie as well. Should be a lovely birthday present, especially since my car has been sucking my bank account dry of late, and well, Derek...film school...need I say more? It will be nice to go out without worrying about what we are spending.

A little concerned about turning 23, it seems so much more mid-twenties than early. And yes, I realize that I am a baby compared to some, but I don't begrudge you your age-complaining, so let me stew in peace. Ah well, I will consider it all experience to help me better enjoy tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Ah yes, 23 the unusual age of quasi-adultness. Wait til 25 comes up, that's a minimum one weekend of freaking out.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home