Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Death Cab for Cutie and cold.

Sitting here in my bed listening to a mix of Death Cab and Garden State soundtrack and I'm cold. We have just lost a integral member of our office staff at work which has left me working the early shift 7-3:30. For anyone else this may seem easy as cheesecake, however I am the person who can't politely say "good morning" unless it is past 10 AM. Getting up to go to work at 8:30 is hard enough for me, but being there at 7 is almost out of the range of my physical capability. Fortunately the phone calls between 7 and 8:30 are very limited and I only have to sound semi-coherent since I am usually the only one there for a while. The work load has definitely increased as we all try to pick up the slack that losing a person creates, and there has been a virus going around our office, which I am pretending that I am not getting - everything goes away if you ignore it long enough. Being safe at home in my cozy warm bed is a great feeling, unfortunately it is tainted by the knowledge that I have to get up at 6 tomorrow. Woe is me, better call me a WAaaambulance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my poor baby.
maybe if you didn't "party harty" all the time, getting up for work wouldn't be that bad.
think about it.

DEREK

1:46 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

That's definitely going into the "suck it up princess" vault! Ouch!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Funny my skin seems to be thickening for some odd reason. Could it be because of these coldhearted comments? I think it just might be....

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home