Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Life is Messy and I LIKE it That Way!

So lately I've been noticing that there are a few parts of my life that I haven't been keeping as tidy as some may think I should keep them. I think that I'm realizing that my life is messy. Maybe I'm just realizing that LIFE is messy. I'm really not saying that I think it's ok to cop out of trying to maintain an organized life because you have reacurring issues. I'm just saying that I'm becomming aware that no matter how much I try to fix and clean and tidy, there are ALWAYS going to be messy parts of my life, exacerbated by the fact that I am a messy person. I think I am charged with a greater responsibility to try and keep organized, and keep a handle on my life because it is harder for me. The effort it takes me to keep a clean space is probably double what it takes a normal person (quadruple what it takes Erika!) so I am required to work that much harder to maintain that, however, I think the sooner I realize that I need to set my own standards of acceptable and my own realistic goals, the easier I will be able to keep to those standards and reach those goals. I think that I will ALWAYS have a lower standard of what is organized, whether it comes to my car, my closet, or my emotions, but I need to be comfortable with that and work to achieve those goals first. The only time that this is negotiable is when it directly affects someone else's well being. For example, living at home right now requires me to be considerate of other peoples spaces, and therefore their standards of cleanliness. This is something that I forget sometimes, it's so easy to be selfish and think "my space, my problem, my mess". I am learning how to be considerate of other people's standards when they are affected, and learn to work under my OWN expectations when it's just me that's affected. Thus I am trying to achieve a zen-like balance between unselfishness and independance. Needless to say trying to feng-shui at this point would only confuse me.

Thus endeth the longest ramble session I've had in a while...but it sure felt good to get it out of me!

PS - My Star Trek Results!

Your results:
You are Deanna Troi
































Deanna Troi
85%
Uhura
75%
Chekov
60%
Jean-Luc Picard
50%
James T. Kirk (Captain)
50%
Will Riker
45%
Beverly Crusher
40%
Leonard McCoy (Bones)
40%
Spock
37%
Geordi LaForge
35%
An Expendable Character (Redshirt)
35%
Worf
25%
Data
25%
Mr. Scott
25%
Mr. Sulu
0%
You are a caring and loving individual.
You understand people's emotions and
you are able to comfort and counsel them.


Click here to take the Star Trek Personality Test

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Yah, people like Erika exist to make the rest of us look bad.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home