Thursday, October 04, 2007

Authenticity

I have one request. (Well, truthfully I have many, but you can breathe a sigh of relief as I am only going to deal with this post.) Whatever you do, please, be real with me. There is nothing less appealing than a half truth, or a non-truth. Now, I understand that social niceties demand a certain level of holding back in order to get along in our world of euphemisms and innuendos, however, once you have passed the point of 'second cup of coffee' it is time to drop the act and tell the truth.

How can a person be expected to give valuable advice when they are only going off a half truth? Please don't insult my intelligence by holding back a crucial piece of information until after advice is given, and then following said advice with "well, actually, I should tell you the whole story". I find that the reason people give a half truth is because they are afraid of what you might say to the full truth, and most of the time this fear is justified, however, if this is the case then don't bring it up at all. If you are going to tell me half the story then grow a pair and tell me the whole thing, or keep your mouth shut. I don't have time for this. I also don't have time to get to know you part way. I want all or nothing. Perhaps this is a lot to ask, but I didn't sign up for your secret society so give me some credit and give in, show me your inner beast. The worst I'm going to say is "Ew".

So now I've read over this, and it sounds a little scarier and a bit less gentle than I usually like to be, but I need to rage a little on occasion. So thanks for listening. Sunshine and rainbows with a side of baby kittens in the next post, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home