Monday, June 11, 2007

Knocked Up...the movie

So as an addendum to my post yesterday, Derek and I saw "Knocked Up" tonight. Having heard from several reliable sources that it wouldn't dissapoint, I was not let down. The only things that I didn't appreciate was the overuse of some language. Though I suppose it was realistic, sometimes I find excessive use distracting from the forward motion of a given scene.

I have to give them credit for acknowledging the failure of both members of the couple on more than one occasion, which is refreshing because most romantic comedies focus on the shortcomings of only one side, and either play the "Women are crazy, hormonal, and will never be understood" or the "Men are scum, dogs, and women should rule supreme" cards. Both of which trigger my vomit reflex.

I also appreciate the humour with which they approached the situation, and they were incredibly honest regarding some of the issues that cause problems, without turning off the younger viewer. After seeing this I can't say I am looking forward to the "crowning moment" of giving birth, this movie is definitely not for the faint of heart (or the abstainers of the occassional gutter laugh).

Either way, it will turn up on my DVD shelf in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Rach--

I found this blog through your facebook account. It's neat to see what you've been up to and what you're into lately.

I also loved Knocked Up, I have to say. Me and my Derek laughed till we cried at some parts.

Lisa

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home