Monday, January 22, 2007

I AM a writer, I swear!

Today I am sitting in rainy Vancouver at The Bean. My script is due for writing class on Thursday and I'm not panicking...I'm NOT! Ok, well a little. But I must say this is the most ground work I've ever done for a script before, and I am feeling like a real writer. Though once I re-read the finished project I'm sure I will feel otherwise. We are workshopping our scripts in class on Thursday. A thought with slightly (or mortally) terrifies me. I have confidence in my writing, but not in front of a class of people who I barely know, save 3 or 4 people. Mostly I'm afraid they just won't get it, or that I will be the only one who gets it, essentially letting me know that I am not funny or interesting and therefore have no business as a writer.

Anyhow I suppose this feeling is marginal compared to the dread of going into a major pitch session so I'd better just get over myself and get used to it. Perhaps my negative-mindedness is due to the fact that I have felt like a freight train has rammed into my head right between the eyes for the past three days, and that is bringing down the mood, so to speak. Or maybe I am just turning EMO after all. Billy Talent here I come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

You rock the world. It'll be great.

*hugs*

1:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, good luck with the school fun.
PS still having some trouble with loan applications, I may go for the next semester and move out west in Nov. I'll know for sure end of next month. I'm seriously going to start playing the lottery.
Take care.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home