Thursday, October 20, 2005

Calling the House!

Hi House. Did you get our message? I just wanted to post an open letter to you all to let you know how much we are missing everybody right now. We miss our wing nights, we miss our deep and not-so-deep discussions, we miss our poker nights (except for the failed one at The Stonehouse – not missing that) We miss YOU. Our weekends consist of trying to find our way around a road system that was clearly designed by three year olds who hadn’t quite figured out their Leggo yet, trying to figure out if it’s worth it to go out and sight see in the rain, trying to find a Wal-Mart that’s not half an hour away… Don’t get me wrong we are definitely enjoying the new scenery, mountains and ocean combined – you can’t go wrong – but we are also REALLY feeling the homesickness. The people out here are different, they respond different to strangers. Once you get to know them, they are awesome, but right off the bat their initial friendliness is not quite as out there as most in Alberta.

So I have a new work email that I can be contacted at in the day, but I don’t think I’m allowed to post it on here, so email me at my hotmail and then I can send it to you. Hope the house-ness is still sweet – how are the new digs? I’m so disappointed that I didn’t get to see it before I left. Maybe New Years?

Miss you all, here is a BIG hug from me. PLEASE COME VISIT US...We'll supply you with a complimentary umbrella!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Maybe the BCer's will be more friendly if you stop greeting them in the traditional Alberta fashion of yelling yee-haw, throwing your cowboy hat at them, swinging a dead prairie dog while opening up with "well it's nice to meet you, praise be to the almighty Klein". Miss you Rach, Tickets in April look like they are now about $300. And this umbrella you speak of sweetens the deal.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Have you been forgetting to take your stash of weed with you to help "lighten" up the mood. Oh, I kill me!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home