Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The House Hunt

Well....the basement suite hunt it more like it. We have been to look at 4 places now for Derek. The fourth one we want. It's bright, very spacious, huge kitchen - altogether lovely, except the lady won't call me back. I called her last night to let her know we wanted it and when could we bring her the deposit. She said she would discuss it with her husband and call me back - which she hasn't done. So I attempted to call her back, but they have that voicemail that comes on when they're on the phone, so I can't get through. I don't mind going to look at more places, but I just don't like sitting and waiting on pins and needles for a place that we like. To see pictures, go visit my flickr account. www.flickr.com/photos/rteichrob/

In other news, there is a peat moss bog burning in Delta. It should be a sunny day here, but we are covered in, as Darren put it "A nuclear winter" (It's pronounced Nu-cue-lar!) It's not cold, but the sky looks as though the city lies in ruin. Fortunately it doesn't, and I'm considering going to a bloggers meeting that is set up in Vancouver on Thursday night. It's a chance for lower mainland bloggers to get to know each other and discuss and... (wait for it chuck)... debate. My desire to go is conflicted by my fear of going alone, not knowing how to get there or where to park, being afraid of looking stupid in front of pretentious B.C. folk, and wanting to watch the premiere of Survivor. The last of these being both the lamest and most pressing issue.

I watched I <3 Huckabees last night, and am still recovering from intense wierdness, and Jude Law with a very unfortunate American accent. I could listen to him talk for hours...I wish he was the voice in my head instead of me... I can be very grating after a time.

Farewell friends, let me know if you think I should go to the Blogger's meeting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Rach, if it's really an AA meeting, you can tell us. We won't be judgemental (at least not to your face, so you won't know about it). Good luck with the apartment hunt. And just think in October we get to see Orlando Bloom try to do a crappy American accent. Miss you!
PS YAHHHHH! Survivor starts Thursday, no more trying to start fights at the house between friends for my own sick amusement.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Sweet suite! I hope that nuclear thing is an inside joke that I don't get because it's "nu-klee-ar". Hurray for debates. Go to the meeting. 7 purple monkeys wear yellow underwear. Chuck Out!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home