Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Radio Confessions

Ok, I'm doing my own personal post secret post - but I'm being brave because it's not annonymous. I have an addiction....to calling the radio. I listen to the morning show on the Bear. Each morning they bring up a topic for discussion and I am ADDICTED to calling and getting my opinion in there. This morning it was golf, so I phoned in and whined about the golf channel, earlier this week it was Guys Night Out...I just can't resist!! Not only that, but I call in and place my requests to three different stations at a time, and most of the time I don't even hear the songs being played!! There's just something that thrills me about calling and actually talking to the person that is broadcasting over the whole city. Call me dramatic or star-struck, but I love it. Maybe they need a Radio-phoner's Anonymous for me to join....I can hear it now...

"If you're going to dial, dial your sponsor, we'll talk to you about current events."

"Just buy the CD, there's no need to request, you'll just get hurt when they don't play your song!"

This past winter I called into the Bear and Derek and we actually got invited by the DJ to the studio, provided we brought him a Tim's on the way, so we went and he actually let us come into the studio and listen to him broadcast - it was such a neat experience!!! Just fed the fire.
Ok, so there's my dirty little secret. Catharsis complete. No need to judge me. Really. Now I want everyone to leave a secret as a comment just so I don't feel so bad. I shared, I need some retribution of the best kind here. Must...feel...sane...again....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad little sister. I once called a radio station late at night and won a prize. A friend and I drove down there right away and hung out with the guys doing the show. Turns out one of them knew a friend of a friend.

I also called cjay the other day and voted for Led Zep's "Ramble On" over some Doors song. Very satisfying indeed... maybe it's genetic?

matt

12:05 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

I've never actually passed Super Mario Brothers...OH, FOR SHAME!!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

Excellent! I am not the only one with dirty little secrets...please continue the catharsis!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My admission is that I am addicted to a site that generates random facts about our favorite "actor". My 2 favorites are:

"Claims to have the Bible's lost pages which consist of a Calvin and Hobbs strip and a recipe for jerk chicken."

"When God said let there be light, Vin flipped the switch."

For more (plus a BOB SAGET fact generator, check it out:
http://www.4q.cc/vin/index.php

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by favorite actor, I mean Vin Diesel. Oops, forgot to include that.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lightfoot said...

OH FOR SHAME is right Chuck!!!! I seriously question your salvation, as all "born-again, bible believin'" folks have passed Super mario! Perhaps we will work out your salvation through beer and fumbling (with the gamepad).

Rach, I know what you mean! I won some tickets last year on Shine in Calgary, and ever scince, my blood gets pumping whenever I phone in a station. Here's the secret - i get nervous even when I'm phoning in TRAFFIC TIPS!!! AHHHH!

Actually, my big confession is that I enjoy being silly and embarassing myself on other folks' blogs!!! BLEEGHBLAHRHAFHFJH!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home