Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Moving Trucks and Mythbusters

It's so intriguing to me that all the deep thoughts and philosophical musings in the world don't actually change the course of my life. I am moving in 6 weeks. I am packing up and leaving the only province that I have called my home for the past 16 years, and Kant's view on Metaphysics doesn't change that one bit.

The part of me that LOVES Vancouver is SO stoked! The part of me that is loyal to King Ralph (no scathing comments please) is really bummed, and the part (or ALL) of me that loves Derek is not looking forward to our separation. I know, I know, we have it easy comparitively. I'm not disputing that, I'm just sayin....

It just gets me, you know? All my friends, everything that we've set up, all that I've built will be 1200 km's away. Blogging will be the major form of my communication, which means I will probably have no friends soon enough, because I will offend them all with through the innadequacies of e-communication. *sigh* eveybody feel sorry for me! Just kidding.
You're probably all sick of hearing moving talk, but it's the major event at the front of my brain lately.

I don't have anything incredibly philosophical or smart to say today (do I ever?) except that Mythbusters is the funnest show on TV!!! I have become an overnight addict. Exploding Tattoo's, Velocity of frozen vs. thawed chickens, exploding tiolets, it hilarity meets paranoia at it's best. A nice change to the unending slough of decorating, trading spaces, homes, spouses, kidneys, Who wants to Marry a Millionaires great aunt CRAP that's been tainting the TV guide lately. And I don't even have CABLE!

Psuedo-Science to the rescue!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I'm so torn now. I'll miss you guys but the King Ralph comment just proves to me that you need to go out into the rest of the world and see that there is a better way of life (I chose to be illiterate when it comes to brackets). Oh well, when we visit I guess we'll all have to drink lots o' wine to numb the pain of eventually having to come back to Alberta.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Sorry ranter, but what was that part in between "way of life" and "Oh well"? It seems to be some strange form of communication, which I can not read.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home