Monday, May 30, 2005

I am the Ocean

I am a waverer.
My choices seldom mean anything, especially to me. They can be made as easily as clay is molded, and smashed down again when teh artist dislikes her work, or thinks of a better muse.
Change comes easy to me, it is my life. Constants are few and far between. I prefer the playful ocean to the majesty of the mountains.
Even the oceans need the mountains. They are codependant. Two units of a divine equation, relying on each other and despising each other in the same breath.
A wave.
A rock.
And they have lapsed into one another, bound together in cohesive beauty.

I am the ocean. Rioting and trashing the rocks, aching to change their tiresome stance, and craving their stalwart presence.
You are the mountains. Solid, Silent, unmoving. Your runoff gives me life, and yet you remain unmoved by my unrest. Your landslides are but a shaking off of loose skin, to make you look even more noble in your stillness.
I will never move you, nor can I alter you. And you will never stop me.
So we remain.

~Me

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rach, I just heard about film school, I've been on sick leave from work for 1 1/2 weeks so I've been out of the loop on this new fangled inter web. My thoughts are definately with you and derek right now, hope to see you both soon, probably at Drew and Kristen's wedding Take Care.
Amanda

1:39 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Super good poem - I love the imagery. Thanks for sharing! :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Is this poem some way of convincing me that BC is better than Alberta...cause it works!?

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Rach! Your way with words never cease to amaze me! You have a God-given gift and it makes me so proud to hear you use it in such a profound way. I still have a poem you wrote back in Grade... 9 I think it was. It still moves me all this time later. Thank you for sharing your gift with me and the world.
Love ya tons! Shawn

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... am I confusing people by signing my name as "Shawn"? I just realized that this may get confusing as I read one of Chuck's comments that said "ditto to what HE said". For clarification, my full name is Shawna - hope that clears up any doubts or misconceptions. :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Matt Thompson said...

Mmmm... poem good. Me no good at words... :)

The restless ocean is a powerful image, and timeless.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home