Friday, January 05, 2007

So...about my computer...

Thanks to the immense generosity of my parents over this Christmas season, I am now ready to tell the story of my laptop. I had a beautiful, albiet slightly out-of-date Mac Powerbook, which encompassed at least half of my consious life, between school, email, writing, music, hobbies, etc. This computer has recently met a very unfortunate end, thanks to my own stupidity.

I'll give you three options, and you can decide what you think actually happened:

a) A hot beverage was spilled in a careless swipe of the arm.
b) I dropped it off the roof of the school after the 10th time it refused to print an assignment
c) I drove over it.

If you chose C you are the lucky winner...yeah, you heard me...I drove over it (unfortunately all I can offer as a prize is the old laptop, so if you won, you're not really any further ahead than you were before.) So, children, when you put your bag down beside your car to clear a few things out, be sure to pick it up again before you reverse...then go forward, and screech to a halt wondering what that strange sound was. Last time I offer to drive anyone to the skytrain!

To all those of you who are laughing right now....Karma is a cruel mistress so you just wait your turn! (when your Wii remote gets away from you and hits your friend in the face ;o) or you step on your watch, or you put a red sock in with all of your whites, I will be there to remind you of this very moment, face shining with glee)

Anyhow, water under the bridge (or laptop under the wheel) and now I have a BEAUTIFUL new laptop to call my very own (Thank you Mom and Dad!) So I am pacified. Thus endeth the legend of the laptop.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a follow up to this entry. As you are probably aware, your old laptop was fixed up and sold on Craigs List.

With a new screen in place and some scuffs here and there it has been parceled off to a new user and is happily living out its days in East Vancouver getting regular use and love in its new home.

Its new owner had no idea that it had been driven over, but having grown attached enough to it that upon realizing that the address to your Blog was still stored in its Firefox Bookmarks and discovering such a fact online has had little effect on their appreciation for it.

And so... the story of the laptop continues, unabated and bitingly sarcastic as ever.

Cheers,

From your old laptop

11:42 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

Wow! It's like a message from beyond the grave. So glad that the laptop continues it's life. I thought it may have died a cruel early death. I hope it serves it's new owner as well as it served me, and I'm sure this owner will be a better steward than I ever was. I take full responsibility if it spontaneously shuts down around vehicle tires...

Thanks for the update!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home